and Nature's water conservation, purification, recycling and storage
Image Credit: Self portrait of Tracy Caldwell Dyson in the Cupola module of the International Space Station observing the Earth below during Expedition 24.
In a Nutshell...
We have identified three stand out water filtering technologies and styles that substantially reduce and often completely remove chemicals of health and taste concern in drinking water
Gravity Fed | Distillation | Reverse Osmosis
All three water purification technologies are affordable, extremely long lasting, don’t require a plumber and are portable
Our goal is to find and make available technologies that emulate NASA's goal of filtering and conserving 98% of the water they use on the International Space Station
We have researched the evidence, tested these filters (through our sister site Toxtest ) and evaluated their functionality and ease of use in home environments
Established in 2017 by Toxtest and Toxno founder, Hartmut Günther, Hartgoods is a supremely secure online-store, with 10% of profits from water testing and water filter sales donated in support of Australian drought, bushfires, floods, cyclones and international disasters. See Helping Others for details
We have also evaluated niche custom water filtration solutions like chlorine removing shower/bath filters
Fully Tested according to Australian Drinking Water Standards.
Drinking Water is meant to Taste Great and Support Health. In our article, Drinking Water Quality: Rationale for Water Testing and Water Filters in Australia on our sister site Toxno, we unfold indications of urgency for home water filters shown here by focusing on Drinking Water Sources and Drinking Water Contaminants.
Drinking Water SourcesAs the main Drinking Water Source for many people in Australia we focus first on Town Water. We will also investigate drinking water quality and associated health effects from other sources -
- Tank Water
- Ground water, Bore water, Spring Water or Well water
- Surface Water, Dam, River or Creek Water
- Desalinated Water and Recycled Water
- Plus - Filtered Water, Recycled Water, Bottled Water, Zippy Wall mounted dispenser, Water Coolers, Public Water fountains and Carted Water and the integrated contribution from home plumbing and faucets see more...
Water pollution is a major global problem which requires ongoing evaluation and revision of water resource policy at all levels. It has been suggested that water pollution is the leading worldwide cause of deaths and diseases and that it accounts for the deaths of more than 14,000 people daily
Water Filtration Technologies
Common features include - the water tastes and feels exceptional, most popular in Australia, extensive Australian support, highest quality components from Australia, USA and UK, no plumber required, portable, very low annual filter replacements costs, latest state-of-the-art technologies used to extract maximum impurities.
All three technologies remove fluoride and chlorine plus much much more. These technologies do not pass the filtered water through established home plumbing - thus avoiding potentially corrosive and pH induced change in older whole-house plumbing and faucets
Includes SCP Fluoride removal Filter
- Comes with Fluoride Plus™ Water Filter Cartridge Cartridge Made in UK Cartridge made from the highest quality NSF certified (ANSI 61) components.
- Removes Fluoride Fluoride in Town Water is controversial. If uncertain see our article - Fluoride continues to poison our children and rob them of IQ on Toxno for both sides of the story.
- Portable Easy to move Can be moved from room to room easily if needed. No Plumber required.
- Removes many contaminants from Water See details below Includes outer ceramic and inner granular coconut shell based activated carbon Filter.
- Has been available in Australia for decades Very Popular Great Tasting water. Allows beverages made with this water to taste delicious.
- Fill and Forget Urn holds up to 12 litres of water Makes about 1 litre of water per hour.
- No Power needed Force of Gravity does the work.
- No Main Water pressure needed Force of Gravity does the heavy lifting.
- Aesthetically pleasing We have over 30 different colours and styles to choose from.
- Lasts a lifetime Made in Australia from ceramic and stainless steel by craftsman from Southern Cross Pottery.
- Leaves minerals like Magnesium and Calcium in the Filtered Water Can contribute to intake of these minerals
See Unit Details Here | Cost $349
Or want to know what contaminants you are dealing with before you decide on a Water Filter?
running creek on
Mt Tamborine, QLD
Photo by Hartmut Günther